“YangNyeom” (양념) Korean Spicy Fried Chicken
Korean Fried Chicken is a delicious dish that’s great for satisfying hunger or snacking while watching a game with friends.
What makes Korean fried chicken unique is the second frying that makes the skin crispier. There are many sauces that accompany the chicken.
In the video, we show 반반 “ban-ban” style chicken, which is served half seasoned and half plain. The sauce is 양념 “yang-nyeom” which means seasoned. So this recipe would really be 양념반반치킨 “yang-nyeom ban-ban chicken” or seasoned half-and-half chicken.
- Fried Chicken Ingredients
- Chicken pieces – skin on
- cooking oil
- ¼ c red pepper flakes
- 1 T red pepper paste
- ¼ c minced garlic
- 2 T soy sauce
- ¼ c sugar
- 3 T ketchup
- ¼ c corn or rice syrup
- Clean and wash the chicken pieces
- In a bowl, add chicken, salt and pepper. Rub the salt and pepper into the chicken.
- Add milk and flour and mix.
- Set aside for 30 minutes.
- In a deep frying pan, add 1-2 inches cooking oil and turn heat to medium.
- Fry a few pieces at a time until golden. Remove and continue frying the rest.
- Re-fry the chicken pieces until slightly darker.
- In a sauce pan, combine all the sauce ingredients.
- Turn heat to medium and stir continuously.
- Once sauce begins to boil, turn heat to low and simmer for one minute.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, add the fried chicken pieces and pour some sauce. Mix sauce into chicken and serve.
We’ll add some other sauces you can make here soon.